Corporate Information on Fortis Mobile Money
Fortis Mobile Money was licensed by the CBN in 2009 to provide fast, easy, convenient and affordable payment solutions that will be geared towards the financial inclusion of the unbanked and underbanked segments of the Nigerian population.
Full operations started in 2010 with Fortis Money, staying true to its mission by delivering innovative solutions leveraging digital finance technology to advance the financial inclusion agenda. This has culminated in the deployment of such innovative solutions as Mobile Microfinance that won the EFINA innovation grant in 2014 and oversaw the disbursement of over N6 billion in microloans to over 400,000 women through their mobile phones.
The Organization has blazed the trail in digital finance in Nigeria; scoring several firsts in the deployment of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) infrastructure to create innovative products that meet the needs of its teeming customers especially as it concerns the financial inclusion of the unbanked segment of the population. This has also seen Fortis Money deploy the MPOS handheld technology and the NFC (Tap and Pay) innovation that has drastically reduced exclusion in their areas of operations.
This has enabled the organization to deploy payment solutions in rural and peri-urban communities lacking the traditional banking and payment infrastructure.
Fortis Money has over 2500 agents strategically spread across 34 out of the 36 states in Nigeria and a continuously growing subscriber base that now stands at well over 300,000.
To Lead in Inclusive Digital Financial Services.
Taking financial services to the excluded through simple digital solutions.
- Converged e-wallet solution
- High availability, security and scalability of banking application
- Turn-key solution for entrepreneurial development
- Over 30 years combined experience in providing banking solutions
- Leader in providing financial services to bottom of the pyramid
- Operator connecting the FCT with 11 business offices
- Fortis serving over 200,000 customers
- National interconnect to established financial ecosystems
- Partner with leading brands for value-added services